Delta-8 high affects individuals differently, depending on several factors, including their:
- tolerance for cannabinoids,
- Body chemistry
- method of consumption
- and health status.
In general, however, their differences are characterized by:
- Feelings of relaxation and euphoria without any impairment of motor functions or mental acuity. Like other forms of THC, the delta-8 form produces a feeling of euphoria that can lead to relaxation or sleepiness. Delta-8 THC is a cannabinoid that increases the effects of other cannabinoids, making it more potent than most other cannabinoids.
- Delta-8 THC can range from a mild body high to an intense mental experience. The high depends on your tolerance level and how much delta-8 THC you consume and which products like Delta 8 carts, delta 8 gummies. It’s not as potent as delta-9 THC, but it’s still pretty strong.
- Many say they feel like they have more energy while on delta-8 high, which contradicts what most people think about Sativa.
- Some say they also feel less anxious and paranoid than other forms of marijuana can produce.
- Pain relief, inflammation reduction, and anti-anxiety effects.
How Long Does a Delta-8 High Last?
The effects of delta-8 THC vary depending on the amount you consume and your tolerance level for cannabinoids like delta-9 THC. A low dose of delta-8 will produce milder effects than a high dose — but even at low doses, you might feel uncomfortable if you haven’t taken delta-8 before.
The effects of delta-8 THC are similar to those of other forms of marijuana, but they seem to wear off more quickly. A study in the journal Drug and Alcohol Dependence found that delta-8 THC was less potent than other forms of the drug, including delta-9 THC, which is more commonly used in medical marijuana products.
The researchers also found that it took longer for delta-8 THC to reach peak levels in the bloodstream compared with other forms of marijuana.
The average high from delta-8 THC lasts about three hours. However, this can vary depending on your metabolism, body mass, and the dosage of cannabis you consume.
Another study published in 2011 in the journal Drug and Alcohol Dependence found that the effects of delta-8 THC lasted approximately two hours and 30 minutes. This result was determined by analyzing data collected from previous studies and clinical trials.
The researchers found that those who received lower doses of delta-8 THC reported having a more intense high than those who received higher doses. They also found that men reported feeling more intoxicated than women after consuming delta-8 THC.
The peak effects may not last as long as those from delta-9 THC, but there’s some evidence that delta-8 may help reduce some adverse effects of smoking marijuana, such as dry mouth and coughing.
It takes about 30 minutes for THC to reach its peak level in your bloodstream. Once it reaches this point, it will slowly decline until it reaches zero in approximately 4 hours. After that time, you will no longer feel any effects from the delta-8 THC. Know the best delta 8 brands here!
How Would You Compare the Feeling to A Delta-9 THC High?
The feeling of a delta-8 THC high differs from that of a delta-9 THC high. The effects of delta-8 THC are less intense but can last longer.
- Delta-9 THC is more common in marijuana and is more potent. Which means it takes less to feel its effects. It also has more potent psychoactive properties, affecting your mind more than your body.
Delta-8 THC is naturally occurring in some strains of cannabis and can be produced synthetically as well. It’s said to provide pain relief. Reduce inflammation, and help with nausea and appetite loss.
- The difference is not in how long it takes to feel the effects. But in how you feel during the experience.
- Unlike the more common delta-9 THC. Which is psychoactive and produces the “high” associated with cannabis, delta-8 THC is not considered an intoxicant.
It has been found to reduce anxiety in animal studies and may benefit people suffering from anxiety disorders like PTSD or social anxiety disorder. There is also evidence that it could be helpful for those struggling with depression and migraines.
THC found in marijuana
- Delta-9 THC is the most common type of THC found in marijuana and is responsible for producing the “high” experienced when using cannabis products. In other words, it’s the part that makes you feel high or stoned while using marijuana products like edibles, tinctures, topicals, and other forms of medical marijuana. This compound also has medicinal benefits because it helps relieve pain and inflammation.
Delta-8 THC is another psychoactive cannabinoid, but it doesn’t make you feel as stoned as Δ9-THC. It’s also believed to have fewer side effects than Δ9-THC. such as paranoia or anxiety attacks, making it an appealing alternative for people who don’t want to get too stoned but still want to experience some medicinal benefits.
- Delta-9 THC is considered to be more psychoactive and can have a much stronger mind-altering effect on your body. That’s why people new to cannabis often don’t like it because it can make them feel uncomfortable and paranoid.
Delta-8 THC has shown some mild psychoactive effects, but they aren’t nearly as strong as those from Delta-9 THC. For this reason, many people prefer using products that contain both cannabinoids because they get all the benefits without feeling too high or uncomfortable from using one cannabinoid alone.
- The feeling of a Delta-8 THC high can vary from person to person. Some users have reported that it is more sedating, while others report that it is more energetic.
The effects of delta-9 THC include Euphoria, Relaxation, Happiness, and Hunger.
Ultimately, it’s not really a question of whether Delta-8 flower gets you high—everyone knows that it does. It’s more a question of whether THC, marijuana extract, is responsible for Delta-8’s psychoactive effects.
Delta-8 does indeed have the ability to get you high. However, the actual level of psychoactive strength depends on how much delta-8 is present, and other factors will also have an influence.
But at least it’s not impossible, which makes a delta-8 on THC compound that might be good for medical use.
Delta-8 is an exciting compound, but still relatively new to the cannabinoid science community. More testing must confirm whether these same effects apply when THC is smoked or used in another method that exposes it to higher temperatures.
However, research has shown that delta-8 effectively treats anxiety and other psychological conditions.
Still, more investigation needs to be done before we can reach any official conclusions about its effectiveness as medicine for curbing cravings for substances such as alcohol or nicotine.