India is a rich and diverse country with many cultures and traditions, which makes it a perfect destination for adventurers. That’s why more than a million Indian Visa for US Citizens visited the country in 2018.
Getting an India Visa for US citizens is quite simple and 100 % online. Almost all nationalities need a visa for India, and US citizens are not an exception. You can apply for an online Indian eVisa for US citizens if you are planning to visit the country.
If you’re a U.S. Passport Holder here is everything you need to know about the requirements and regulations to apply for a Tourist Visa.
WHICH VISA TYPES ARE AVAILABLE FOR US CITIZENS WISHING TO GO TO INDIA?
There are three types of India visa for US citizens available and offered by iVisa.com :
- Tourist eVisa.
- Business eVisa.
- Medical eVisa.
PLEASE NOTE: The information on this blog is about the Indian Visa Customer Support. Data can change depending on the Visa type you need. You can check the information and requirements for the Business and Medical eVisa in the links above.
WHAT DO I NEED TO APPLY FOR AN INDIA TOURIST EVISA?
All US citizens must have a valid passport, a debit or credit card, and an email address to successfully obtain the eVisa for India.
We require the following documents and other requirements to submit your Indian e Visa for US citizens application:
When filling out the application form, you need to provide the following details:
- Full name (as it appears on your passport)
- Date and place of birth
- Address and contact info
- Passport details
- Applicant Photo
- Passport Personal Details Scan
- Last Page of Passport (if applicable)
USA citizens also need to provide the following information:
- Marital status
- Profession or occupation
- Details of your stay: places you will visit while in India, hotel names and address, etc.
- Expected port of entry and port of exit
- Countries visited in the last ten years
- Educational qualifications
Following this, you will also be asked to answer some security questions.
Passport and photo requirements for US travelers
To meet the e Visa India requirements travelers from the US are required to submit a scanned color copy of the first page or the biographical page of their valid passport.
Each applicant must also submit a recent passport style, color photo that meets these requirements:
- The applicant’s face must be clearly visible
- The photograph must have a white background
- The photograph must be in focus
- The applicant’s head must be centered
- The photograph must show the applicant’s head from the crown to the tip of the chin
If you don’t have a recent passport photo then you can get one in no time using our passport photo service
How to take a compliant passport photo with iVisa.com
HOW TO APPLY FOR AN INDIA VISA FOR US CITIZENS?
To apply for an Indian Visa for US citizens, you will need your applicant photo and to scan the passport personal details section. The form we provide is broken down into three easy steps and won’t take you longer than 10 minutes to complete. If you are in need of help, iVisa.com’s awesome support service will take your call 24/7 and will guide you through the process on how to apply for your entry visa to India.
- Step 1. Complete your application form online (it will take you less than 5 minutes).
- Step 2. Complete all your info and upload your additional documents (such as your passport photo and a photo scan of your passport). Our visa experts will be available to give you guidance to make the process for your India tourist visa as simple as possible. If you are in need of a more recent digital passport photo check out our passport photo service.
- Step 3. Once we have your details, passport photo, and passport photo information, we will process your India Visa for US citizens.
INDIA VISA FEE FOR US CITIZENS
If ordering your tourist visa for India through iVisa.com, the price of your eVisa will depend on the processing time you choose and the validity of your India Tourist Visa, check the options along with their explanations below.
The 30 day e Visa charges a government fee of USD $27.50, this fee is included in the iVisa.com service charge.
The 1 year visa comes with a government fee of USD $43.00, and the 5 year visa USD $84.05. There are some exceptions to this charge like Argentina but you can verify the exact government fee during the application process.
30 day eVisa – Double Entry:
- Standard Processing: 5 days – USD $77.49 – Because it is the cheapest option, most applicants go for standard.
- Rush Processing: 3 days – USD $119.49 – The cost is a bit higher than with the previous option but you will receive the India visa for US citizens in less time.
- Super Rush Processing: 36 hours – USD $169.49 – As you would expect, it is the most expensive option, but also the fastest, especially for anyone in a rush
1 year eVisa – Multiple Entry:
- Standard Processing: 5 days – USD $92.99
- Rush Processing: 3 das – USD $134.99
- Super Rush Processing: 36 hours – USD $184.99
5 year eVisa – Multiple Entry
- Standard Processing: 5 days – USD $140.04
- Rush Processing: 3 days – USD $182.04
- Super Rush Processing: 36 hours – USD $228.04
All of our processing fees include both our service fee and the Government fee
HOW CAN I RETRIEVE MY INDIA TRAVEL VISA?
We always send you your India eVisa by email. Please check your spam folder if you have not received it.
If you applied on our site then you can log Indian in to your online account that was generated automatically for you after applying for your India Visa online.
All you need to do is to sign in and set up a password so you can access your account online OR if needed you may also reset your password here.