If you’ve ever had an issue with iCloud and it not working as intended, this article could be a lifesaver for you. You’ll learn how to cancel iCloud storage on your iPhone or iPad, yet still be able to save all of the space that your device requires.
We’ve all been there before – you make a decision to store more content on your iCloud account and only later do you realize that this was a bad idea. In this case, it’s the worst-case scenario where you’re out of storage space on your device and have no way to free up some. But fear not! If you’ve got a second device running iOS 11 or later, here’s how you can go about deleting the content from your primary device and deleting it from iCloud as well
How To Cancel iCloud Storage On An iPhone or iPad
If you’re feeling cramped for storage on your iPhone or iPad, there are a few ways to free up some space. One way is to cancel your iCloud storage subscription. Here’s how:
Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad and tap on iCloud.
Under Storage, tap on Manage Storage.
On the right side of the screen, under “Storage Usage,” scroll down and tap on Cancel Subscription. You’ll be asked to confirm your decision.
Once you’ve confirmed the cancellation, iCloud will begin deleting all of your stored photos, videos, and podcasts (unless you have them backed up to another service). Note that some apps—like Mail and Notes—may keep some data even after you cancel your iCloud storage subscription.
What is iCloud?
If you have an iPhone or iPad, chances are you’ve used iCloud to store your data. iCloud is a storage service that lets you access your photos, messages, contacts, and other documents from any device where you have a connection. You can also use iCloud to share music, books, and movies with your friends.
If you ever need to delete an item from your iCloud account, follow these steps:
- On your device, open the Settings app.
- Under “General”, tap “iCloud”.
- Under “iCloud Storage”, tap the item you want to delete.
- On the Details screen, tap Delete.
Reasons why you might want to cancel iCloud storage on your iPhone or iPad
If you’re not using iCloud, you might want to cancel your subscription. Here are four reasons why you might want to cancel your iCloud storage:
- You don’t use it anymore.
- You have a different phone and prefer not to use iCloud on that phone.
- You have a different iPad and prefer not to use iCloud on that iPad.
- You bought a new iPhone or iPad and don’t want iCloud on it.
How to Cancel iCloud storage on an iPhone or iPad
If you have ever had to delete an app from your iPhone or iPad because it was taking up too much space, you may have been dismayed to find that the app’s data remained on your iCloud account.
If you no longer need access to the data in an app, or if you just want to get rid of it from your iCloud account altogether, here is how to cancel its storage:
- Open the App Store on your iPhone or iPad and search for the app you want to delete.
- Tap the app’s listing in the App Store window.
- Tap the Settings button in the app’s settings bar.
- Under “General,” tap “Storage.”
- Under “Storage Management,” tap “Delete App Data.”
- If you want to keep any of the data in the app, select a file and tap Delete. Otherwise, tap Cancel and then OK.
It can be frustrating when we have to delete an app or document from our iPhone or iPad but we can’t seem to find a way to cancel its iCloud storage. In this article, I will show you how to cancel iCloud storage on an iPhone or iPad so that you don’t have to worry about it taking up any space on your device. Please note that this will not erase the app or document from your device – it simply removes it from iCloud storage.